We’re a mere six weeks away from spring break (not that we’re counting or anything…) and we’ve got warm temperatures on the mind! Whether you’re looking for some QT with the family, or hoping to jet off with your sweetie, Jamaica’s GoldenEye Hotel & Resort is offering some enticing winter getaways for families and couples alike. GoldenEye was once home to author Ian Fleming and the birthplace of James Bond. Today, the property features a collection of one- and two-bedroom Cottages, Villas, and Suites, as well a Fleming’s original five-bedroom villa.
• Activities: Picnic at Firefly (Noel Coward’s former home), fishing trip, tour of the local community with the Oracabessa Foundation, kayaking, and paddle boarding
• Trips: Dolphin Cove, Mystic Mountain, and Dunn’s River Falls
• Extras: Complimentary daily breakfast, a bottle of Blackwell Rum, US $100 OR $150 resort credit per day (one-bedroom Beach or Lagoon Cottage OR two-bedroom Beach Cottage, respectively)
• Insider Tip: Meet Ramsey, the hotel’s resident historian – having worked on the property since the days of Fleming. Have him carve you a monkey coconut (he’s an expert!) for an authentic souvenir.
• Rates: Starting at $1,500 per night; five-night minimum stay required. Valid now through April 30, 2012; blackout dates apply.
• Activities: Picnic at Firefly, private four-course dinner for two including wine pairings, and cocktails at sunset on the “GoldenEye” – the property’s glass-bottom boat
• Trips: A thrilling jet-ski excursion around the coast of GoldenEye
• Extras: Complimentary daily breakfast, a “90-Minutes-of-Bliss” in-room couples massage, and a bottle of Blackwell Rum
• Insider Tip: Bike ride to Firefly and sip champagne at dusk. Rumored to be Captain Morgan’s lookout, Firefly offers one of the most beautiful views of the Caribbean sunset.
• Rates: Starting at $840 per night; seven-night minimum stay required. Valid now through April 30, 2012; blackout dates apply.
For more information, visit www.GoldenEye.com or call 1.800.Outpost.