Each cottage features hand-carved fretwork with varying themes; Gong has carved images of a lion dedicated to the memory of Bob Marley: Highgate alludes to sensuality and desire: Mountain View is dedicated to the legacy of Strawberry Hill’s workmen. Local Jamaican artwork and photographs are also integrated into each of the cottage’s interiors.
Royal Hut fabrics and quality linens complement the dark mahogany furniture, thereby creating an atmosphere of relaxing intimacy. Four-poster beds draped with a delicate canopy of muslin netting recreate the classical nest. French doors, thick louvered windows and spacious private verandas recall renaissance luxury complimented by the warmth of a homey island ambiance.
Bathrooms are furnished with terra cotta and hand-glazed tiles, and feature deep-set bathtubs. Enjoy our distinctive elemental amenities, whose combination of night flower and a scented ginger known as Hedychium that only grows in high altitudes is balanced out with grapefruit and jasmine aromas to create our own special blend of bath salts, shower gels, shampoos and lotions.
Each room contains a minibar, safe, television with cable channels and a DVD player, a CD player and CD library, ironing board, laundry service and telephone. Additionally they have:
- 12 spacious cottages with fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes
- Hardwood floors and hand-crafted 19th century Caribbean furniture
- Verandas with calming views of gardens and mountains
- Authentic architectural details include cooling louvers, fretwork and gables
- Strawberry Hill unique ginger signature amenities
- Deluxe bathrobes and slippers
- In-room safes and hair dryers
- Wireless Internet access in the main areas
A team of experienced drivers is available for tour and activity outings as well as day trips to Kingston and transportation to and from the airport. All tours and activities are arranged by private charter with our head driver McGyver, and picnic lunches are prepared for outings and can be customized according to dietary requests.